Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Sleeping with the the Finalists

Some days all I can do for the world is breathe.
----------
Okay, my laptop computer is actively dying. It's old, like 5-6 years old I think. Anyway, it's really slow, and is really not adequate for what I am doing anymore.

I also have a desktop machine, though it actually sits on the floor (a floortop) and is connected to a 37" monitor, it usually runs music during the day, occasional Netflix or DVD, slideshows when I have clients in, and it is where I do photo-editing.

I am trying to get all photo-production work off of the Floortop, and consolidate everything onto a single modern laptop. I know I can do this. This is my adventure.

Well, another part of my adventure involves having admired Apple computers for a long time. They have always been 'different'  - a bit exotic, very well-designed, etc. I would like to give a Macbook Pro a good look as part of this process. I would need to get everything I am doing to work on the Mac, but that would be part of giving it a good look; right?

So, I went to the friendly local Best Buy and got 2 computers (these were the 2 finalists after the qualifying rounds): a Samsung QX410 and a new MacBook Pro 13".

Sadly, only one of these can be the winner. I plan to eat/sleep/breathe with these two finalists and pick one to be my champion. I'll try to give you my thoughts as I work through this process.
---------------

No comments:

Post a Comment